Services and Facilities provided by the Parish Council
The Parish Council has limited powers and in many areas needs to liaise with Principal Authorities. Where the Parish Council does have Powers it seeks to use those powers for the benefit of all residents of the Parish.
- The Parish Council owns and maintains The Green (on Old Grantham Road), including the flagpole (donated to the Parish by the Whatton and Aslockton Women’s Institute in 2001 and the memorial installed by the Parish Council in 2019. The Council also manages the trees on the Green.
- The Parish Council maintains the majority of the roadside verges in the 30 mph area of the parish.
- The Parish Council obtained the Telephone box and converted it to provide an ‘Exchange Library’.
- The Parish Council jointly owns (with Aslockton Parish Council) the Playing Field on Dark Lane and contributes financially in both Capital and Revenue projects.
- The Parish Council leases from Rushcliffe Borough Council land at the end of Azimghur Road and has created Queen’s Wood as a biodiversity project for the benefit of residents.
- The Parish Council actively monitors the Rights of Way in the parish and liaises with the Nottinghamshire County Council Rights of Way Team.
- The Parish Council considers all Planning Applications in the parish against applicable planning law and impact on neighbours and the parish as a whole.
- The Parish Council monitors the roads within the parish and lobbies for improvements both through the County Council member for our division and directly with the Local Highways Agency.
- The Parish Council reacts positively to Grant requests for projects that benefit our community.
- The Parish Council in association the Belvoir Lions purchased and maintains a DEFIBRILLATOR located on the side wall of the Jubilee Hall on Church Street.